Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

8:24 AM

For THREE years I have not had a homemade chocolate chip cookie! And as a member of the List family, this is unheard of!  If you know the List family at all, then you have probably had my mothers chocolate chip cookies!  The truth is, only she and I can make them.....we try to teach it to others, but for some reason everyone else's cookies turn out different.  The best part about this is....it's just the Nestle recipe with a few minor changes! 

The other day Brendan said.....I think you should give me the recipe and see if I can make them.... But I told him to be fair, I had not made them gluten free before, so I needed to make a batch to ensure they turned out correct. It would only be fair.  So Friday night, I subbed out the flour and crossed my fingers for success....and just like the good old days, the perfect cookie came out of the oven! 

I've tests out all brands of 1 for 1 flour, and Bob's Red Mill 1 for 1 is by far the best out there!  Use this in any recipe for almost guaranteed success! Make sure to get the blue bag as shown below....the red bag has chick pea flour in it and tastes like metal.....YUCK! 

I've put my minor changes in the recipe below, so I HOPE you will have success! I want to know if you make these and how they turn out, so post a comment or a photo for me to see! 

Good Luck Bakers! 




Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 5 dozen
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups Bobs Red Mill 1 for 1 GF Flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 eggs
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375° F.

2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. 

3. In a separate bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla with the hand mixer until creamy. 

4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. To get the 1/2 egg, beat it in a separate bowl and pour half into the batter. 

5. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.

6. Using a tablespoon, form round balls of dough, and place onto un-greased baking sheet. (Be sure to use a washed and cooled sheet for each batch)

7. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until JUST golden brown. If the cookies have spread, use the back of your spatula to form them back into perfect little cookies, just give them a little nudge back into place.

8. Let cool a few moments on the cookie sheet before transferring them to the cooling rack. 

9. ENJOY! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Subscribe