Bacon Cheddar Waffles

9:24 AM

What a week!  We had a 4 day work week, but getting back into the swing of things felt like it was the longest week ever.  Plus I had car trouble....UGH. Let's hope that when I get my car back on Monday that will be the end of the drama. 

Since I have no car, Brendan has been my chauffeur for most of the week. I absolutely hate driving, so it's not the worst thing for me....but I need my freedom to go to Target without supervision. :) 

After making the more classic waffles with syrup last weekend, I was dreaming up something a little more savory for this week....and behold, the bacon cheddar waffles were born.  If you do not eat cheese, just leave it out - they will still be delicious! Add a little hot sauce on top for an extra kick, and I am sure you will be satisfied with this savory brunch. 

Again, you can half the recipe, but they freeze great and that saves time during the workweek when you need breakfast fast! 

Just look at how delicious that is.....





Go on....get your waffle on! 





Bacon Cheddar Waffles
Makes: About 3 large waffles (12 triangles)
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TBS maple syrup
6 pieces of thick cut bacon
1/2 Cup shredded sharp cheddar Cheese
Eggs for frying


Directions
1. Chop your bacon into bite sized pieces and cook until crisp. Blot the grease and set aside.

2. Preheat your waffle iron.

3. Separate the eggs, and begin whisking the egg whites in the mixer until they form stiff peaks.

4. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and coconut milk together, then slowly whisk in the almond flour, salt and pepper.

5. Fold about 1/2 the egg whites into the batter to start, and once they are incorporated fold in the maple syrup.

6. Fold in the other half of the egg whites, being sure to keep the fluffy texture. 

7. Fold in the cheese and bacon - leaving a small amount of bacon out to sprinkle on top.

8. Pour the manufacturer's suggested amount of batter into your waffle maker - I used about 3/4c.

9. While the waffle is baking, fry an egg to place on top of each waffle serving.

10. Top the waffles with an egg and sprinkle the remaining bacon on top for a crunch. And add a dash of hot sauce if that's your thing! 

11. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Subscribe