Almond Flour Waffles

10:50 AM

Happy New Year!  Maybe next year I will be more organized and I won't vanish from posting for 2 weeks during my time off.  

It feels like we blinked and Christmas came and went....way too fast.  We spent time in New York with Brendan's family, had my college bff's over for our yearly celebration, had my family over for a late Christmas celebration, did some reorganizing and rang in the new year with our two sweet pups.  This was our FOURTH new years eve together! It's hard to believe how quickly the time has gone. 

Now it's back to the real world tomorrow.....so I thought this morning would be the perfect time to use my new waffle iron!  I see lots of waffle meals in my future....sweet, savory, breakfast, brunch and dinner....get ready! 

When you are changing you eating to gluten or grain free you CRAVE anything that will taste normal and have the right texture.  We had many failed attempts at pancakes and waffles....but I think that you could fool anyone with this recipe!  The whipped egg whites give these waffles the light inside with the perfect crust. 

This recipe made about 12 triangles, so you can cut the recipe in half or freeze the extras for a morning when you need a quick breakfast! 





Almond Flour Waffles
Makes: About 3 large waffles
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 Tbs coconut oil or butter, melted

Directions
1. Preheat your waffle iron.

2. Separate your eggs, begin whisking your egg whites in the mixer until they form stiff peaks.

3. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and coconut milk together, and then slowly whisk in the almond flour and salt, then the melted coconut oil

4. Fold about 1/2 the egg whites into the batter to start, and once they are incorporated fold the vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon. 

5. Fold in the other half of the egg whites, being sure to keep the fluffy texture. 

6. Pour the manufacturers suggested amount of batter into your waffle maker - I used about 3/4c.

7. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Subscribe