"Free" Chocolate Chip Cookies

1:29 PM

Hi There! Remember me? It's been some time.... we got engaged...and married! Life has been quite busy, but now that things have slowed down and I am back in the kitchen making my HUSBAND some tasty treats.  

One of my dear friends just found out that her sweet baby has some very serious allergies, and that means that momma bird needs to avoid those foods as well. We are entering into the holiday season, and nothing is worse than going to a holiday get together to find a delicious spread of treats that you can not touch. It is seriously depressing. I promise that these gluten free, dairy free, egg free and nut free cookies are good enough for EVERYONE to enjoy. 


As you may know from past postings, I am pretty confident in my chocolate chip cookie making, which is why I used these as my first experiment.  I was a little intimidated having to make them free of so many things, but the food world is a wonderful place these days and a few key items made this recipe a success. 
Bobs Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour - this is my best friend for GF baked goods.

Bobs Red Mill Golden Flaxseed Meal - 1 TBS of this plus 2.5TBS water = 1 egg

These little gems are free of pretty much everything! 

A perfect butter alternative! .

Once I had my ingredients I followed my recipe as usual. The dough came together just as it always does, and tasted pretty amazing, so my hopes were high. Just look at this gorgeous batter. 



It took about 10 minutes for the cookies to turn golden brown, and they did spread quite a bit.  If you like the look of them when they come out of the oven just leave them as is, or if you are OCD like me.....take your spatula to nudge them back into perfect little rounds. You must do this quickly right when they come out of the oven before they have time to set up. 



Try to wait for them to cool before gobbling them up! I promise it is worth the 5 minute wait!   Let me know if you have questions or comments after making these!

Enjoy! 



FREE Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 5 dozen
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups Bobs Red Mill 1 for 1 GF Flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
  • 1 cup Earth Balance "Buttery Sticks" (2 sticks)
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbs Golden Flaxseed Meal + 5 TBS HOT water (mix and let sit 10 minutes)
  • 2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375° F.

2. Combine Flaxseed meal and hot water. Mix and let sit 10 minutes.

3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. 

4. In a separate bowl using a hand mixer, beat "buttery sticks", granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla with the hand mixer until creamy. 

5. Add Flaxseed mixture, leaving about 1 tsp out - discard this extra bit.

6. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.

7. Using a tablespoon, form round balls of dough, and place onto un-greased baking sheet. (Be sure to use a washed and cooled sheet for each batch)

8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until JUST golden brown. If the cookies have spread, use the back of your spatula to form them back into perfect little cookies, just give them a little nudge back into place.

9. Let cool a few moments on the cookie sheet before transferring them to the cooling rack. 

10. ENJOY! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Subscribe