Dairy Free Cashew Dill Dip

1:16 PM

Thanksgiving is coming and I have appetizers on my mind. I could just make my meal out of the appetizers and call it a day.  Am I allowed to say that "dip" is my favorite food and "snack" is my favorite meal of the day?

If you don't already know, cashews are amazing little nuts. When you soak them in water and blend them they can create a beautiful non dairy cream that has endless possibilities.  Last Christmas my sister in law brought some cashew cheese over and I was shocked at how good it was! Even my cheese loving dad thought it tasted pretty good, and you can not trick him with very many foods.

I didn't originally set out to make a veggie dip today, but this mid recipe discovery was too good not to post as it's own delicious treat. **Disclaimer** before you get excited about making this you MUST have a high powered blender.  I am not fancy enough to have a VitaMix, but you will want something with a little power behind it.  I use a Nutri Ninja and I think it gets the job done for almost all of my blending needs.  

To make this dip, you start out by soaking the raw cashews in water overnight and then basically blend the heck out of them until they are smooth. It could not be easier! It takes a little bit of time to work the mixture, but I promise you will get a great texture with a little bit of patience. Once you get the hang of it, you can add any kind of herbs and spices to get the desired flavor. 








Dairy Free Cashew Dip
Makes: About 1 cup
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews - soaked in water overnight.
  • 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
  • 3 Tbs water
  • 2 1/2 tsp. dill
  • 1 1/2 tsp. beau monde seasoning (Spice Island Brand makes this)
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions

1. Soak the cashews in water overnight - drain excess water before using.

2. Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender

3. Blend until smooth. You will have to work at this, being sure to scrape down the sides and making sure everything is smooth. If the mixture seems too thick add a small amount of water and keep blending. (It should be about as thick as hummus)

4. ENJOY! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Subscribe