Curried Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

9:49 AM


This might be my favorite soup.  It seems that I always have the ingredients on hand, and I think that this was actually one of the first meals that I made for Brendan when we started dating (3 years ago!)  Of course back then I would have made a nice crusty bread to dip into it....but oh how the times have changed. You really don't need to top this soup with anything, but sometimes if I have a little grain free bread leftover from another meal, I will make some thick croutons to go along with it....I will post a recipe for those soon! 

Until then..make a batch of this soup and let me know what you think! 



Curried Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

Level of Difficulty: Easy
Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:
1 Lb Carrots
2  Small Sweet Potatoes 
1 Large Onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbs coconut oil 
4 Cups Vegetable Stock 
2 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric 
1 Can Coconut Milk
salt and pepper to taste

(I've also added 1 yellow and 1 orange bell pepper if I have them on hand!) 


Directions:

1. Peel and roughly chop the onion, garlic,carrots and sweet potatoes.

2. In a large stock pot, saute the onions and garlic with the coconut oil and spices. 

3. Add in the carrots, sweet potatoes, and vegetable stock.

4. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender when poked with a fork. 

3. Remove the soup from the heat and with an immersion blender (or small batches in a regular blender), blend the soup until it is smooth. 

4. Stir in 1 can of coconut milk, and season with salt and pepper to desired taste.

5. Enjoy! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I can attest to the wonderfulness that is this soup!! It's really really good.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Subscribe